I am grateful to those of you as parents/guardians who kindly volunteer to assist with the children’s activities in school throughout the year. It would be very difficult to run events smoothly without this assistance.
If you would be interested in helping out either on a one off or a more regular basis you will need to have an annual security check carried out by Access NI. This check must be carried out before a volunteer can assist in school. The application can only be completed online.
Please note, if you are a member of the Parents’ Council or would like to become a member, this security check must also be carried out.
To complete an online Access NI application, follow the instructions below. Please note:
- There is no charge to you for this check, the cost is met by the Education Authority
- Make sure that you choose the ‘Enhanced’ option
- When you complete the application you will be given an Application Reference Number, note it down overleaf.
- Bring your number and your valid identification documents (see attached list) to the school office.
- Make sure to bring one document from Group 1 and two from Group 2.
- I will then verify your application.
- Once you receive your certificate it remains valid for a year
- If you experience any difficulty completing the application please contact the school office for assistance.
Please do consider getting involved in the life of the school. It is a very worthwhile way of enhancing your child’s and other children’s educational experience.
Thank you in anticipation of your support.
Mrs C M Webb